As locals like to say, Richmond is "easy to love" because of its rich history, stunning architecture, natural beauty and quality of life. Come to the capital of Virginia and enjoy an array of cultural opportunities including 35 museums; numerous theatre companies; a symphony, a ballet and an opera; a thriving public forum; three professional, minor-league sports teams; a coliseum for major concerts and sporting events; and much more.
Located just 100 miles south of Washington, D.C., Richmond is only 90 minutes from Virginia's beaches and 90 minutes from the spectacular Blue Ridge Mountains.
In the neighborhood of The Berkeley Hotel, the re-built James River and Kanawha Canal “Canal Walk” allows visitors easy access to the only metropolitan whitewater river in the country. Buildings ranging from the historic Tredegar Iron Works to the modern Federal Reserve to the transportation hub Main Street Station are at the center of the River District and specifically Shockoe Slip where The Berkeley is located; a popular entertainment, nightlife and dining enclave.
Come visit and you will learn to love Richmond and its finest lodging choice; The Berkeley Hotel.
- Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Richmond Partnership
- VA General Assembly
- VA Business Magazine
- VA Chamber of Commerce
- VA Film Office
- Greater Richmond Technology Council
- Acumen Golf Club
- Belmont Golf Course
- Glenwood Golf Club
- Highlands Golfers Club
- Hollows Golf Club
- Hunting Hawk Golf Club
- Independence Golf Club
- Mattaponi Golf Club
- Pendleton Golf Club
- Providence Golf Club
- River’s Bend Golf Club
- The Traditional Golf Club at Royal New Kent
- Sycamore Creek Golf Club
- Virginia Golf Association
- Virginia Crossings Golf Course
Spectator Sports Links
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Science Museum of VA
- Virginia Aviation Museum
- Black History Museum
- Edgar Allan Poe Museum
- Museum of the Confederacy
- Children's Museum of Richmond
- Richmond Coliseum
- Virginia Historical Society
- The Valentine Richmond History Center
Historical Sites Links
Botanical Garden/Zoo Links
Amusement Park Links
Special Event Links
- Strawberry Hill Races
- Virginia State Fair
- Richmond Highland Games and Celtic Festival
- Strawberry Street Festival
- Richmond International Raceway
- Richmond Folk Festival
- The Bizarre Bazaar
- Virginia Wine Expo
- University of Richmond
- Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia
- Averett University
- Virginia State University
- Virginia Union University
- Randolph Macon College
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Union Theological Seminary - Presbyterian School
Music, Dance and Opera
- Concert Ballet of Virginia - 11028 Leadbetter Road in Ashland. 798-0945. A full season of performances by this dance company includes classical and contemporary works at the Woman's Club Auditorium, 211 E. Franklin St.
- Elegba Folklore Society - 101 E. Broad St. 644-3900. African dancers, drummers, singers and masquerades present concerts, dance theater, performance-lectures and classes.
- Ezibu Muntu African Dance and Cultural Foundation - 418 E. Main St. 225-0626. Available for lecture-demonstrations and offering instruction in African and color guard maneuvers.
- Ground Zero Dance Company - 1840 W. Grace St. 353-9774. A group of four presenting original works.
- Virginia Opera - 866-6191. Nation’s 14th largest opera, is “tops by any standard” (The New York Times) and performs in Richmond, Norfolk, and Fairfax.
- Chamberlayne Actors Theatre - 319 N. Wilkinson Rd. 262-9760. This professional troupe stages performances like "Wyrd Sisters" and "Lets Murder Marsha."
- ComedySportz at Comedy Alley - 7115 Staples Mill Rd. 266-9377. This Troupe creates improvisational shows appropriate for all ages.
- Firehouse Theatre Project - 1609 W. Broad St. 355-2001. Presents important American contemporary theatre pieces with an emphasis on plays not previously produced in the metropolitan Richmond area.
- Mystery Dinner Playhouse - 9826 Midlothian Turnpike. 649-2583. Performances at the Best Western Governor's Inn Friday and Saturday nights.
- Randolph-Macon College - Drama Guild Cobb Theatre, 205 Henry St. in Ashland. 752-4704. Under the supervision of faculty, students will produce shows including Three Viewings and A Christmas Carol.
- Swift Creek Mill Playhouse - 17401 Jefferson Davis Highway (Route 1) right outside Colonial Heights. 748-5203. Operating in an old gristmill.
- Theatre Virginia Commonwealth University - 922 Park Ave. 828-1514. Founded in 1940, this troupe performs at the Raymond Hodges Theatre and the Shafer Street Playhouse.
- Virginia Repertory Theatre - 114 W. Broad St. Richmond, Virginia 23220. Barksdale Theatre and Theatre IV merged to become the Virginia Repertory Theatre.